Have you heard about nutritional yeast?
Nutritional yeast comes from a species of yeast known as Saccharomyces cerevisiae. ⠀⠀
Even though people sometimes mixed up with brewer’s yeast (used in beer), it is essential to note that nutritional yeast is not the same.
Nutritional yeast is dairy-free and usually gluten-free.
As a result, it can be a useful supplement for people with food allergies or sensitivities, as well as those on restricted diets.
It is also low in fat and contains no sugar or soy.
(And It has a cheesy taste!)
What makes this type yeast it good?
- Boosts energy.
- Supports immunity system.
- Promote skin, hair and nail health.
- Antibacterial and Antiviral Properties.
- Can Help Lower Blood Cholesterol Levels.
- It’s a good source of B vitamins and minerals.
- Contains antioxidants.
- It’s over 50% protein.