Easter is coming up and we want you to celebrate your holiday without feeling guilty or worrying about what to eat.
We all know that this time of year involves a lot of food and we tend to overeat. As we gather together there is no shortage of temptation around the table which makes it hard for us to stick to a diet plan.
However, for those who are following our Keto plan, you have to realize how you are feeling now versus how you felt before you started. We do not want you to lose progress but we also don’t want to restrict you either.
The main objective of Lean for life is to encourage you to live the life you love, and our main goal is to help you achieve your desired weight in order to feel better with your body—healthier and happier. We focus not only on the outside but on the inside too.
Therefore, our team has put together these amazing recipes especially for you, to fully enjoy your Easter without gaining weight or feeling guilty after having eaten a few yummy treats.
One of our favourites Keto desserts. Low carb, high protein and sugar-free tiramisu.
Let’s start with the base of the Keto cake:
- Preheat oven at 170°C (335°F).
- Beat the egg whites in a mixing bowl.
- Add the Chocolate Protein powder and 20g cocoa powder into the beaten eggs.
- Incorporate 150g of the mascarpone cheese and 10 drops of liquid sweetener, mix well.
- Pour the mix onto a 25cm non-stick baking tray or a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, then let cool.
Now we are ready to prepare the topping:
- Blend remaining mascarpone (200g) with the Vanilla Protein Powder and 10 drops of liquid sweetener.
Assemble the Keto Tiramisu:
- Divide the base into 6 and place each piece into a glass bowl, then soak with the espresso sweetened with 5 drops of liquid sweetener (1 shot per bowl). Add topping equally into each bowl.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight for a chilled version.
- Decorate with the remaining cocoa powder before serving (use a fine strainer to sprinkle the cocoa evenly).
You can’t miss out this amazing Keto treat! low carb, high protein and sugar-free brownies.
Follow these steps:
- Preheat oven at 150°C (300°F).
- Add Protein Powder, almond flour, sweetener, cocoa and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add egg whites, melted coconut butter and flavor extracts, mixing until smooth.
- Lightly spray a 20cm x 20cm square baking dish with cooking spray, and pour batter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the center no longer jiggles, but is still gooey. Brownies will set as they cool, so be very careful not to over bake.
KETO CHOCOLATE EASTER EGGS
Even your kids will love this variant of the traditional Easter chocolate. Our keto chocolate eggs are low carb andsSugar-free suitable for all the family.
- Melt peanut butter and coconut oil together in the microwave for 30-60 seconds, then stir until completely combined.
- Add vanilla extract and stevia. Mix well (taste and adjust if needed).
- Pour mixture into egg moulds and freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from moulds and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave. Stir until smooth.
- Add the Chocolate Protein Powder.
- Fill up the moulds halfway with the mixture.
- Drop the frozen peanut butter eggs, pattern side face down into the chocolate and press down so the chocolate encases the peanut butter.
- Spread chocolate with a spoon to completely cover if needed.
- Refrigerate to harden.
KETO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE / AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Healthy, yummy and super easy low carb, high protein & sugar-free chocolate mousse.
As easy as:
- Blending the avocado, Chocolate Protein Powder, cacao powder, melted coconut oil, Greek yoghurt and honey.
- Add extra cocoa for flavour enhancing.
- Blend until the mixture is a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pour into a serving bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes, so that the coconut oil sets in the mix creating a thicker texture.
- Add a few leaves of mint for serving.
KETO CINNAMON WAFFLE
You won’t be able to resist these incredible Keto waffles. They are also low carb, high protein & sugar-free. Amazing isn’t it?
Follow these simple steps:
- Mix together Chocolate Protein Powder, almond meal, coconut flour, oat flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix together eggs, vanilla, apple sauce and almond milk.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes while waffle-maker heats up.
- Spray waffle maker with non-stick spray before adding 1/2 cup of batter.
- Cook according to waffle-maker instructions.
KETO VANILLA CHEESECAKE
If you are looking for a Keto treat or a Keto dessert to share with the rest of the family this is a good option for you. Low Carb, high protein and sugar-free cheesecake.
Follow these steps:
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Use a 23cm rounded mould. Grease or line the bottom with baking paper.
To make the crust:
- Stir the almond flour, melted butter, erythritol, and vanilla extract, until well combined.
The dough will be slightly crumbly. Press the dough into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, until barely golden. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
To make the top:
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sweetener together at low to medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Finally, beat in the lemon juice, protein powder andvanilla extract. (Keep the mixer at low to medium the whole time; too high speed will introduce too many air bubbles, which we don’t want.)
- Pour the filling into the pan over the crust. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes until the middle is almost set, but still jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight), until completely set. (Do not remove the cake from the pan before chilling.)
- Serve with Keto sauce of your choice.
If you are for a delicious and easy Keto snack you can always go for these Keto Chocolate Cookies. They are rich in protein, low in carbs and sugar-free.
Follow the following steps:
- Preheat oven at 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, stir together the collagen, sweetener, and salt.
- Add the egg and whisk at the edge of the bowl to mix the yolk and white, before mixing in with the dry ingredients. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a medium cookie scoop, and press the dough into it before releasing onto the lined baking sheet. Squash the cookie dough balls with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a wet glass, to about 1/2cm thickness.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the cookies are semi-firm and not sticky on top. Cool completely to firm up more.
Keto Pancakes are an amazing choice for a complete Keto breakfast. These low carb, high protein and sugar-free pancakes will give you enough energy to start your day.
Follow these steps:
- Whisk all the ingredients together, until smooth. And there’s your almond flour pancake batter!
- Next, heat a pan with a little oil over medium to low heat. Pour circles of batter onto the pan. I used a 1/8 cup measuring spoon to get the right size for 8cm pancakes.
- Cook for a minute or two, until bubbles form on the edges, then flip and repeat on the other side.